Friday, March 27, 2009

.One.

        Just like every other night... it's 1am and I am still awake. It's not because I have too much to do, or that I slept in all day, or that there is something worth staying up to watch on television, but it is simply because my mind is wondering. I'm currently looking up other words for clean. I intend to increase my vocabulary, but the likelihood that it will happen is not very good.
        I once kept a thesaurus in my bathroom for a year and read it every time I was taking a bath, or taking care of business. I found it very interesting and tried to use a new word everyday. This,  however, came to backfire on me when I would get the definitions confused. I don't usually look up words anymore, but tonight I am. 
        When an idea enters my mind I automatically imagine the finished product of what I am thinking about. Let's use "I should vacuum tomorrow". I imagine taking everything off my carpet and vacuuming every square inch of my house. If I did that I would have to clean my counters and put everything on the counters away. If I'm going to put everything away, I might as well go through it and get rid of a few things. I better go through all my drawers, too. If I'm going to go through my drawers, I better get a few things to organize the drawers. The next day I wake up too tired to do much of anything because I spent the previous night planning outrageous things to do. AHHHHHHHHHH!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment